Call for Price
Multipurpose X-ray diffraction system with built-in intelligent guidance.
The SmartLab SE is a highly versatile multipurpose X-ray diffractometer with built-in intelligent guidance. It offers continued refinement of the original ease of use features that enabled the original SmartLab to receive the R&D 100 Award in 2006: automatic alignment, component recognition, cross beam optics and advanced photon counting hybrid pixel array detectors (HPAD).
Guidance expert system
SmartLab Studio II incorporates a built-in Guidance expert system that suggests the optimal hardware configuration and settings for specific application measurements. The software will determine which optics are most appropriate for a given application, determine the instrument settings and execute the measurement, delivering a completely automated measurement sequence. Since the SmartLab SE has built-in component recognition, Guidance will not only tell you how you should configure the SmartLab SE for a given measurement, it will also warn you if you have not configured it properly. Expert advice coupled with hardware that will confirm the correct configuration is the foundation of the SmartLab SE platform.
HyPix-400: next generation 2D detector
With the SmartLab SE, Rigaku introduces the available HyPix-400, a semiconductor hybrid pixel array detector that was specifically designed for multipurpose X-ray diffractometers. Its large active area, high angular resolution and ultra-high dynamic range make it the perfect, affordable, 2D detector solution for a large variety of applications, including powder and thin film diffraction. Please note that the D/teX Ultra 250 silicon strip detector is also available as a standard detector choice if desired.
Automatic alignment for maximized uptime
Changing hardware configurations or consumables on some diffractometers is so daunting that people often invite their service engineer to perform the task. This can be costly and time consuming. The optics configuration on the SmartLab SE is self-aligning. From the tube height to the monochromator alignment, all of the optical alignment is done automatically under computer control. This feature drastically reduces down time and cost of ownership of the instrument, and it allows you to be confident that your instrument will always be in an aligned condition.
- SmartLab Studio II software based on a new architecturally integrated modular platform
- Cross-beam optics module switches between Bragg-Brentano and parallel beam without the need to change optics.
- HyPix-400 2D detector enables seamless switch between 0D, 1D and 2D detection mode depending on application type.
- D/teX Ultra 250 1D detector accelerates powder diffraction by a factor of 250 in speed and provides adjustable energy resolution of approximately 20% or 4% depending on sample type.
- Integrated intelligent Guidance software enables fully automated measurement including optics and sample alignment.
- Self-aligned optics maximize instrument uptime and minimize cost of ownership.